What is the B Corp movement?
Since 2006, the B Corp movement has been promoting strong values of change around the world to make companies "a force for good" and to distinguish between those that reconcile profit (for profit) and collective interest (for purpose). Its holistic and demanding vision is based on 5 impact areas: Governance, Employees, Community, Environment and Customers. B Corp's objective is to certify companies that integrate social, societal and environmental objectives into their business model and operations.
B Corp wants to make a positive contribution to society and does not seek to be the best IN the world, but the best FOR the world! Beyond their own progress approach, they develop the principle of interdependence: Projects between B Corps are privileged and B Corps seek to influence their entire ecosystem of suppliers, clients or partners.
Why B Corp?
- To be part of a pioneering community that sincerely believes that business can have a positive impact on society.
- To protect and bring its mission to life
- To take care of your value chain
- To assess your impact and make progress
- To attract talent
- To engage and inspire investors
- To better talk to consumers
- To learn, exchange and share good practice with other committed companies
How do I become a B Corp and join the community?
- Complete the free online B Impact Assessment. Obtain a score above 80 and complete the disclosure questionnaire.
- With a minimum score of 80 points, you will be invited to an interview with B Lab Europe analysts. This interview is used to validate the answers you have provided and to check the documentation you have provided.
- Meet legal requirements by amending the company's articles of association to represent the interests of stakeholders and protect the mission. Details specific to Belgium are available on the online tool
- Formalise by signing the Declaration of interdependence
- Pay the annual certification fee. Every 3 years, a company must renew its certification.
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss your project, please do not hesitate to contact Eglantine Eeckhout (email@example.com) or firstname.lastname@example.org , who will be the main contact points for The Shift to move the B Corp movement forward in Belgium.
Link to B Lab Europe's FAQ page.