Doelgroep: Enterprises interested in initiating or reinforcing a due diligence process.
Sustainable Development Goal(s): 12. Responsible consumption and production17. Partnerships for the goals
Priorities for change: ResourcesBiodiversityTransversal
As part of its support to the Belgian SDG4D Charter, The Shift is organising a series of five (free) workshops on Due Diligence Implementation for enterprises. With this project, The Shift aims at stimulating and aiding enterprises with implementing due diligence regimes that seize opportunities to achieve positive impact on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) while mitigating the risks of negative SDG impacts.
At the end of the workshops series, selected participants have the necessary knowledge, skills, and tools to establish due diligence regimes. They are aware of how they can achieve greater impact on the SDGs by implementing due diligence mechanisms. Granted participants have completed their ‘homework,’ they will have:
- Drafted and formalised concrete SDG and due diligence ambitions;
- Prioritised their efforts on the basis of a high-level mapping exercise;
- Undertaken a detailed mapping of risks and opportunities along their supply chains;
- Drafted an action plan that mitigates the risks and amplifies the opportunities; and
- Obtained the necessary knowledge to monitor and report on progress;
- Are aware of possibilities to obtain certification and OECD compliance.
To achieve this, an expert consultant will provide pragmatic support through a set of 5 tailor-made half-day-long workshops that guides participants to implement a due diligence regime and that allows them to share challenges and best practices with peers in a confidential environment. In addition each participant will be granted an additional 6h of ad-hoc support along the way and after the end of the workshop trajectory. The project is estimated to take around 5-6 months, giving time between the workshops for the participants to gather information and do their homework.
Interested SME are invited to fill in before December 4 the form by clicking on the link below. Workshops series’s details are described in the Call for Participants that you can download by clicking on the link below.